Sunday, October 05, 2008

Honeymoon dreams

For almost the whole length of our engagement, we had decided that we were going to go to Ecuador.  I lived there for a year as a high school exchange student 10 years ago and I've been dying to go back.  But when we actually priced the trip, we realized that we wouldn't be able to afford to go to the Galapagos while we're there; it would almost double to cost of our trip.  We didn't want to go and not be able to include such an important part, so we decided to postpone going to Ecuador until we can afford the trip we really want.  Which left us, with only a month before our scheduled time off, suddenly without a honeymoon destination.  After a few days of deliberation, tallying up the pros and cons of various possible locals, we finally picked the perfect place: Japan.

We're going to spend 2 weeks backpacking around Japan, starting in Tokyo, where I have a friend who lives just outside the city, and traveling around the various islands. We want to focus on seeing some landmarks of anime, including the Studio Ghibli Museum, I want to check out some of that awesome crafts stuff there and I've already started looking up yarn stores in Japan.  Another thing of knitting note, is that in many places in Japan, visitors are expected to take their shoes off before entering many buildings.  How could a sock knitter worth her salt give up such an opportunity to gratuitously show off fabulous socks?  So I'm doing some serious sock knitting in preparation.  Also, I'm trying to get Arwen finally finished, since I'll need something nice and cozy to wear in the Japanese Autumn.

Any suggestions, from people who have been to Japan?  I've also got to decide on my travel knitting.  Any thoughts?

Until next we knit!

=^_^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home