Monday, July 14, 2008

A little sweater getting bigger

I've been work diligently on the charity sweater, and I quite like how it's coming along. It's also a great way to get more practice at kitchener stitch, since each side of the body is kitchenered together. I'm still not able to do it without it looking up on youtube, but I'm getting there.

Here's the latest photo.


I wish the picture had come out clearer, it's kind of hard to see all the stitch definition. If you're interested, see it on my flickr page. The pattern up along the top of the sleeve is the same diamond and moss stitch pattern on the front and back panel, but smaller and doubled with a 2-stitch length of stocking stitch to separate them and mark the mid-point. There's also a band of 10 stitches of moss stitch across the side that meets in the side seem, although it didn't quite mtch up when I kitchenered the sides together, for some reason. Maybe i'll have more luck on the left side.

Here's a picture that Nyron took while I was working on it that I think is really cute.

Spirit is the perfect knitter's cat. She can't be bothered to chase my yarn unless it actually rolls over her paws, she's grown out of the stage where she used to bat at my needles while I knit (plus, I use circs almolst exclusively now, so there's no tempting ends for her to play with), and she's knows her place while I'm knitting is on my sholder, not on my lap (most of the time).

Until next we knit!

=^_^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home