Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jigsaw bounty

Today at work I spent the day cleaning out the back storage space, which clearly hasn't been touched since June and desperately needed it. vAmong the broken office supplies and student binders with outdated events calendars I found 4 boxes of jigsaw puzzles. My boss surmised that they are probably incomplete and they are too large to be effectively used in a single class period, so she suggested I toss them. But I couldn't see all those colourful spaes without thinking "mosaic tiles" and so I've comandeered them for my own uses. I'm not sure all of what I'll do with them, but picture frames and earings spring readily to mind. I'm sure I'll come up with more in due time. There's not really much I can do until I move into my new house (which is looking like it won't be until almost December) and get the rest of my materials out of storage.

In the mean time I'm 3/4 of the way finished Nyron's mother's scarf, wo it'll be ready for Eid with no problem. I took a pattern drafting course at Romni over the weekend and learned all the math required to custom designing a sweater. I'm going to use this newfound education for Nyron's Christmas sweater. I'm still making the argyle pattern from Knitting Magazine, but I'll use the math to make sure it fits Nyron, not just the guy in the picture. To do this well I'm going to wait until I'm in my townhouse where I'll have access to my steam iron (we learned the proper way to block a swatch) to make sure that the bases for all that math is accurate. Until then, I'll prabably do Knit for Kids through Lewiscraft or make preemie sets with some yarn I'm getting from a woman on Freecycle.

=^_^=

1 Comments:

At 10:59 p.m., Blogger Synergy said...

I ate a chicken yesterday!

It was really yummy :)
http://syncan.blogspot.com/

Hey sexy lady have you checked
out my comment on your other blog.

Cheers :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home