Monday, September 19, 2005

This is one of the hardest things I've ever done.

A man from Toronto Animal Services came a few minutes ago to take Sebastian and Hyde. I thought I could get through it without crying, but I should have known that would be a pipe dream. Especially after he reminded me that there is no guarantee of adoption. All the no-kill shelters are full and I have nowhere else to take them.

The worst part was that they knew the minute I picked them up what was going on. They fought like the devil and I'm covered in scratches. Even Sebastian who was upstairs at the time and didn't see the man come in with cat cages somehow knew.

I hate that I had to do this and I hate that I couldn't find anyone else to take them. I wish I'd had more time to find them homes but as it is I don't know what I'm going to do with Spirit while I wait for my new townhouse to become available. The real estate agent who said I could stay in his basement apartment got into a fight with my father on the phone and like a child who takes his ball and leaves the game when he doesn't get his way suddenly retracted his offer. Now I'm trying to find a hotel that will let me stay there with Spirit and is still affordable. If I can't, we have to take Spirit with us when we go to Nova Scotia and leave her with my parents until I move into my new home.

Everything about this has just gone more and more wrong no matter what I do. I need to go find something to knit.

=^_^=

1 Comments:

At 8:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hon....*hugs*

Hyde and Sebastian were brought to someone once - you - when they were in need. I'm sure that whoever, or whatever, looked after them then, will look after them now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home