Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Good-bye Stay-cation!

All last week I was on stay-cation. "Stay-cation" is a term borrowed from the show Corner Gas and it refers to a vacation where you don't go anywhere; you stay home. I had a lovely stay-cation and now that I'm back at work I'm very sad to see it gone. I spent a lot of time on the couch, playing Sims 2 on my new Mac (the game runs like a dream!). I also made sure that I didn't waste my stay-cation and I got a lot of housework done, including cleaning the garage! I mean it, it's actually clean. We even swept the floor (for the first time in 2 years). For those of you who have never been to my house (which is pretty much all of you) my garage became not just the repository of my stuff and Nyron's stuff, but my great-grandmother's stuff when she moved into the nursing home, so it was very full of stuff. You had to be carefully when opening the car door that it didn't hit any of the miscellaneous stuff piled up next to it. Now, things have been carted off to the Salvation Army, sorted onto storage shelves or brought inside for more thorough sorting (mostly boxes of old clothes). I'm still a little shocked each time I'm go into the garage to see all the open space. :)

I've received word from my darling Secret Pal that she's sent my parcel to Lettuce Knit. What fun! That way, I get an excuse to poke around a yarn store and I can walk out with goodies without even spending any money! Sadly, I won't be able to get there until Thursday, but I now have something to look forward to Thursday after work. Pictures to follow once I've brought it home (maybe I'll video tape opening it and post it as a video blog. We shall see).

Until next we knit!

=^_^=

2 Comments:

At 7:31 p.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said...

A video post would be wicked! I hope you do it! Look forward to seeing what you get!

Your SP11 Hostess!

 
At 12:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hop you aren't disappointed with your present ... there isn't a lot of variety like the last package, but I thought it might be something you would like - to remind you of NS.

Your SP 11 pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home