Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A new member of the family

This weekend, we had a little bundle of joy arrive at our house. Yes, that's right; we got a new computer! Hurray! I've had my current computer since second year university so I'm definitely due for a new one. It's a Macbook Pro. I haven't used a Mac since grade school so it's a whole new world for me. Nyron spent all weekend uploading a software that will allow me to run Microsoft programs on the Macbook. Now why, I hear the Mac-heads crying, would you ever want to run a Microsoft program on a Mac? So I can play Sims 2, silly! My old computer is so old that it didn't run it properly, even when the game was brand new, and I ended up letting it collect dust because I couldn't stand how slow and choppy it was. So Nyron installed this program and, voila! Sims runs like it was meant to, and for the first time ever I can see what it's like to really play the game. *sigh*

But that's not the only reason I bought a new computer. Nyron and I love road trips (well, we would if our car could handle it!) and we want to start making travel videos when we take breaks from Smog Town. Mac's have great editing software for film, video and music (even if we can't afford the $800 Final Cut Pro). I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it this weekend because we spent all of our time between turkey dinners getting the computer set up the way we want it (Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!). But I plan to teach myself video editing by making a video blog entry this weekend. I'm pretty excited about it. If people like it, I may make more (maybe even enter the world of video podcasting? We'll see). So you can look forward to that this weekend.

Until next we knit!

=^_^=

3 Comments:

At 2:49 a.m., Blogger Natalie said...

Hi! New reader here. I had my own Mac homecoming a couple months ago. Like you, I started out on one as a kid, but switched to a PC for high school and most of university. It wasn't until early June, when my PC started to seriously act up at a time when I was in the midst of finishing up my M.A. thesis, that I went back to Mac. And I don't regret it one bit! Here's hoping that the switch back works out for the best for you, too!

 
At 8:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey this is paintpaste from Ravelry. hehe i like that you installed Microsoft JUST so you could play Sims 2...i am currently dreaming of buying a new computer JUST so can i play sims 2. my current (second hand temporary) laptop cannot support it and i'm DYING without my sims :(

deg deg!

 
At 5:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ... sent you an email --- your Oct. present is ready!

your SP11 pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home