Sunday, September 23, 2007

4 blog entries 4

...each month. Those are the rules of the Secret Pal game and I've been a bad blogger. Mea culpa. Work was so busy over the summer that once it died down I was left kind of dazed. I haven't done much knitting, either, which is very sad. I finished both the tops I was working on in August, but I don't have pictures yet (it's hard to take pictures of yourself, isn't it?). Basically, I'm just trying to get my land legs again after all the stress and craziness.

But it's over now and I'm starting to get back into a groove. The fall weather helps; fall has always made me feel energetic and motivated. Maybe it's because I'm young enough to still remember when fall meant the start of a new schhol year and cracking open all those brand-new notebooks and writing in them with brand-new pens...sorry, I have a bit of a thing for office supplies. :)

I've been working on a few things for my etsy store and hope to have them finished soon so I can start posting things for sale. Nyron is supposed to be working on a banner and avatar for me, but I think I may end up buying a pre-fab one, at least for now. He seems to be having trouble finding downloads for the software he needs to make it. I also received a nice tax rebate recently, so I bought the yarn I need for this year's Christmas sweater for Nyron. He wants a sweater inspired by the Weasley sweater from Harry Potter (i.e., with a big N on the front) but he wants a more collegiate look. I had him draw it out for me last night, so I'll start on it later this week.

I been plugging along on Arwyn, but I keep knitting past the measurements called for in the pattern and having to rip back and inch or 2. Plus, there's Kitchener stitch involved, and Kitchener stitch always kicks my ass. I don't know why it never seems to make sense to me, but I always end up throwing the project across the room halfway through. I'll have to work on it again when I'm feeling calm.

Until next we knit!

=^_^=

2 Comments:

At 4:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love office / school sup0plies too -- there is something really special (and mnostolgic) about the smell of a new pink eraser, a freshly sharpened pencil and the crip snap of a fresh notebook! Of course ... I also go to yarn shops and stroke the skeins when i am feeling like a pick-me-up.

Glad to see you posting agian - I was worried a little!

Pal O'Yours

 
At 4:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

my typing suck, by the way!
P.O.Y

 

Post a Comment

<< Home