Saturday, June 16, 2007

This sweater is kicking my ass!

This is getting to be a bit much. On Tuesday Nyron drove all the way to the East End to get a single ball of yarn from the one yarn shop in the city who carries it in the colour I need. This now makes 3 dye lots represented in one sweater, but luckily they all match exactly - I really must stop playing fast and loose with dye lots, it's going to come back to bite me one of these days. I spent all of Wednesday doing the shapping on the sleeves and noticed that the yarn isn't colourfast; it left a blue line of dye along my index finger where I wrap the yarn to keep tension while I'm knitting. I'll have to wasth the sleeves with vinegar before sewing them on.


Of course, it'll still be a while before it comes to that. When I had knit the sleeves until about an inch from the end of the shaping I decided to try them on Nyron's arm to see if they fit. They're way too long. They go past his knuckles.




I was so upset that I haven't been able to touch the stupid thing since Wednesday. But it's my final remaining WIP for the Stashalong June challenge, so I have to have it finished by the end of June. However, I'm happy to say that ignoring this cursed sweater gave me the chance to finish the second twin blanket.



Just in time, too, since we're seeing the twins for the first time today. I hope they like them. The next picture I have of these blankets they'll be wrapped snugly around their recipients.

Until next we knit!

=^_^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home