Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sock Wars III: prepare to be assassinated!

3s seem to be The number with me lately. I didn't hear about the Mystery Shawl KAL until a week before the deadline for its third round, and I hadn't heard about Sock Wars until membership had closed for the second round, so I've had to wait for the third to join. I just saw on the Craft: magazine website that membership for Sock Wars III is now open, so I jumped at the chance to finally sign up. After wrestling with my PayPal account for a bit (I guess it's a good thing that I use it so rarely that I forgot my password) I was able to pay the $2 membership fee and join.

I'm really looking forward to this, since I always want an excuse to knit socks and it sounds like a lot of fun. What a unique idea! For those of you who are hearing about this for the first time, here's the way it works: On May 9 everyone who has signed up with be emailed an exclusive sock pattern and a top-secret dossier with their assassination target. In order to assassinate your target, you must knit them a pair of socks and send it to them. Once they receive their socks they are dead and must send their assassination target, as well as their unfinished socks of death, to you. You must then try to assassinate this next person. However, someone out there has a file on you, so you must try to assassinate as many people as you can before you, yourself are assassinated. Good ol' extreme knitting fun! I'm really looking forward to it!

Until next we knit!

=^_^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home