Monday, February 04, 2008

Meet Vicky!

This weekend, I got my spinning wheel. I ordered it from Lettuce Knit on Monday and wasn't expecting it to arrive until next week, but I got a call on Wednesday afternoon saying it had arrived! I picked it up on my lunch break so that I could bring it back to work and show my co-workers, who were at least feigning interest in all my crazy talk about spinning wheels (one of my co-workers thinks I'm a complete geek, which is true). So here she is in all her glory:


She's a Louet Victoria, which is a nice beginner model. I made a little video on my Mac to show my mom, since this was her birthday gift to me, afterall. I spent most of the weekend spinning the lovely roving that my Secret Pal sent me. I'm still over-spinning, but I'm getting better.


When I wasn't spinning, I was working on the Rocketry sweaters that I'm making for my two pregnant friends, Amy and Angela. I'd put them into hibernation while we waited to find out the sex of each baby. Amy's last ultrasound showed that her baby is a girl, so now I know which side to put the button holes. Angela's last ultrasound was inconclusive in terms of gender, so I'm giving it boy buttonholes since it's more interchangable than girl button holes (or so Nyron tells me). Here are the progress pics:


Angela's is just 1 more round of 2x1 ribbing and a few buttons away from being done.


I need to pick up some more purple and brown yarn from Lettuce Knit to finish Amy's. I'll likely do this on Wednesday, so I can work on these while I'm recovering from having all 4 wisdom teeth removed on Thursday. Yikes!
Until next we knit!
=^_^=

1 Comments:

At 7:35 p.m., Blogger Heddy said...

Congrats on the new wheel -- the spinning is looking good! Glad to see you have a use for the fibre now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home