Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm home!

And I have even more yarn than I remembered! I kept finding boxes of it while I was trying to unpack. If I only had to unpack my suitcases from England it would be OK, but I have to unpack all the boxes I packed before leaving, so this could take a while. Also, I'd really like to start unpacking and organizing my yarn since my DB bought me some wonderful open-front canvas closet organizers that will be perfect for storage. We've got them hanging in a closet in my studio, but my house has a perpetual moth problem and I'm a little worried about leaving the yarn so out in the open without even the protection of lavendar sachets.

One of the worst things about this house is that the floor boards creek a lot and the creeking sounds exactly like Spirit walking around. Sometimes I even think it's her and have to remind myself that it's not. This will be even harder tonight because the DB will be returning to his own place after having spent the last few nights here with me.

My main concern right now is finding a job. Especially after the few hundred dollars I've had to spend on stocking my kitchen with groceries and other household necessities, I'm going to need a consistent stream of income very soon. I've so far typed "knitting"in the keyword search of every online job site I know. Nothing. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. : )

=^_^=

1 Comments:

At 9:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hun! Glad to see you arrived safe and sound, and with lots of yarn to keep you company! :P Don't worry, Spirit will be back with you before you know it. Best of luck with the job hunt - I know it's sucky all round right now, but don't give up.

I know what you mean about floorboards. The floorboards in my mom's house would pop late at night, and it sounded like footsteps. Of course, I could always feel something staring at me in the basement, so maybe it was!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home