Thursday, August 11, 2005

Phantom claws

You know how people say that when you lose a limb you can still feel it like it's there, like it's a phantom limb? I think cats who have been declawed get that. My evidence: Spirit is declawed (my grandmother refused to look after her whie I was away unless I did). I've seen her paw the arms of the couch, but I always assumed she was just stretching. But tonight we bought a scratching post for the two new cats who are still armed and dangerous and Nyron saw her trying to scratch it like she used to when she still had her claws. That's really quite sad.

=^_^=

1 Comments:

At 4:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

They also leave scent behind through the pads in their paws, another reason they claw things. Without their claws they still paw at things to leave their scent there as well. Males usually do it more when they're neutered and don't spray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home