Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mini knitters

I taught another knitting class today, this time to a pair of 8 and 9 year old sisters. The 8 year old seemed really intent on learning; she made the same mistakes multiple times, but she kept plodding along single-mindedly. The 9 year old seemed to have a harder time staying focused, so next time I'm going to try her on crochet to see if she takes to that. It's more free-form, so I think she might have an easier time with it and not get as frustrated.

I'm almost done Rusted Root. I've got a few more inches left on the body before I start the ribbing and I have to do the ribbing on the sleeves. I figure it'll be done by the middle of this week.


In Mystery Stole news, I'm still just shy of finishing Clue 1. I was plugging along earlier in the week when all of a sudden I dropped a stitch and it continued to fall for about 3 or 4 rows. Ouch. I didn't have the patience to tink back that much at the time, so I'm going to have to tackle it sometime this weekend. I have my other spinning class tomorrow, however, so that may provide a distraction.
Until next we knit!
=^_^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home