Tuesday, November 13, 2007

So much knitting, how do I keep track?!

It's official; all the symptoms are there. Someone call a doctor: I have Startitus. I think it's caused by the scratchiness of Nyron's Christmas sweater. I just can't knit it for long periods of time, and since that's exactly what I have on Tuesday nights when I work at the Rogers Television station I need to make sure that I have something soft and friendly on the needles that won't peel the skin off my index finger. I started the Rocketry sweater from Lettuce Knits that Yarn Harlot was obsessed with and it will be a gift for a co-worker who is pregnant. I'm also making a blanket out of the same colours, only instead of doing the blanket they have pictured on the yarn company's website, I'm doing a log cabin blanket in the same stripe pattern of the sweater. However, it was so fun and quick to knit (I think I'll do one for Amy, as well!) that I've already knit as much as I can until I know if the baby is a boy or a girl (it effects which side to put the button holes).

So that left me with the question of what to knit tonight. I loved the scarf that I knit for my Ravelry Scarf Exchange pal, which was just the cable edging from A Cardigan for Arwen with an added repeat to give it some extra width, that I've decided to make a whole scarf, mitten, hat set for myself. I'm working on the mitts right now (which may end up becoming gloves, I haven't decided) because I need a pair of mitts. I only have some fingerless mitts that I knit for myself when I was living in England (where fingerless mitts are appropriate pretty much all year round).

But now, when I've only just barely cast on for this 3 piece project this very morning, my eye is wandering once more. I didn't really pay much attention to the Knitty surprise patterns when they came out because I was really busy at work that day and then I just forgot about them. But I just saw a link for the Juno Regina Shawl on someone else's blog and am smitten. It's so lovely and I could work on it on my commute no problem (a rare thing with lace shawl). This may become my next project for me. Or I might knit it for my friend Kathryn, since I'm still looking for a good gift for her. Maybe I should stop off at Yarn Boutique on my way home from work sometime this week. They're having a sale...

Until next we knit!

=^_^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home