Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Knit, cough, knit

So remember that I mentioned in my last post that Nyron had a cold? Well, share and share alike, right? I caught his cold on Sunday and ended up staying home from work yesterday. I was pretty out of it and slept in until almost noon, but when I did drag my ass out of bed I managed to find enough strength to knit. Of course. :)

On Sunday I decided to focus on bringing Arwen out from hibernation and getting to in a state where I could actually work on it while travelling, since a large amount of my knitting time comes from my daily 2 hour round-trip commute to and from work. To that end I took my newly acquired mad kitchener stitch skillz and grafted the sleeve. The pattern calls for only the cabled cuff to be grafted, but I figured if I can graft live stitches to a cast on edge for the cuff I can do it for the whole sleeve, right? I didn't like the idea of having a nicely grafted cuff and then a sewn seam all the way up the rest of the sleeve. I think it turned out quite well.


You can't tell in the picture, but because the first row of knitting on the sleeve is a purl row on the wrong side (the sleeve is knit horizontally instead of cuff to sholder) there's this little row of bumps just above the row of grafted stitches. It's kind of like Elizabeth Zimmerman's fake seam in her seamless sweaters. And it's along the underside-edge of the arm, so really only I know it's there. It's my little secret.

Yesterday, I worked on the sholder and neck shaping for the shell of my twinset. I don't like carrying patterns around with me as try to carry everything I need in one small sholder bag, so it sometimes take a bit of coordination to get all the shapping done at home so that it's ready to travel the next morning. So I really took advantage of being home all day (and the shaping wasn't complicated enough to muddle my rather woozy head) and got the whole front and part of the back above the armhole devide done.


Coming along, eh? I'll definitely have the shell done this week so I can cast on the cardigan at the end of the week or on the weekend.
Until next we knit!
=^_^=

1 Comments:

At 11:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! Looks like your Aubergine Dream thought she'd get a little friendly with my Rose Garden! :P

As revenge, I tagged you for a meme. Mouwahahahahahhahahahhaaaa!!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, though. If I had a heart, I might feel mean. Luckily, this is not the case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home