Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I've been tagged!

Blast that Marisa! She's tagged me for a meme! So here we go...

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1) 10 years ago, I was:

Getting ready to go spend a year in Ecuador: deciding what to pack, getting all kinds of shots and taking typhoid-preventing medication. It would have been my grade 12 year, but I ended up not bothering to try and get credits for the high school I attended there (and my teachers certainly didn't expect me to) so I ended up taking grade 12 over when I got back. I absolutely loved it there and Nyron and I will be going to Ecuador for our honeymoon, my first trip back.

2) 5 things on my to-do list for today:

Well the day is close to over by now, at 5:15pm, but here's what my list would have been this morning:

- cast-on the twinset cardigan, since I just have blocking and finishing work to do left on the shell (did this morning)
- survive another day at work with my lingering cold
- buy Kids in the Hall tickets from my co-worker Nancy (she had spare tickets and I've been dying to see them live ever since I missed them last time. I grew up watching that show!)
- manage to find something to eat before my publishing class tonight
- try not to let my cough keep me awake all night again.

3) Snacks I enjoy:

I'm really digging multi grain Tostitoes and Tostitoes Spinach dip right now. I always try to keep something healthy in my desk to snack on at work; right now it's Not Nuts Mountain Mambo trail mix. I've been eating a lot of Basset's Licorice All-Sorts (not so healthy) since my diabetic father discovered that they shoot his blood sugar through the roof and gave me all that he had, but I think I've eaten most of them. I don't tend to snack a lot and when I do I try to make it healthy.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Oh, do I dream of this! Well, actually my dreams are usually just content to make me a millionaire, so billionaire is quite a treat. Obviously, the first thing I'd do is pay off all my debts and the upcoming wedding debts, then I'd pay the debts of some of my friends who are currently crippled with 10s of thousands of dollars in student loans, and pay my parents back for sending me to school. Then, of course, I'd quite my job and Nyron and I would buy a house on the lake with a big backyard for gardening and a detached studio where I could spend my time making things for my woefully still-empty etsy store. I'd put most of the res into wise investments so that I don't have to worry about it running out and could maybe be a patron of a small publishing house to allow them to take more risks without worrying about the bottom line. Of course, I've always wanted to start my own charity, so there's that, too, and without a job I could spend my time doing volunteer work and teaching knitting at the local women's shelter (which I would much rather be doing than working at my paying job). Basically, I'd do all the things that I don't have the time and energy for because I use up all that time and energy at my job.

5) Places I have lived:

In order:

- Toronto, Ontario
- Bedford, Nova Scotia
- Vire, France (for a month, but it was in a house, not a hotel, so I considering it living there)
- Ambato, Ecuador
- Leeds, England

6) Jobs I have had:

My first job was scraping paint off the front deck and wheelchair ramp of my parents' funeral home when I was 13 (can you say lead poisoning?). Then, when my voice sounded mature enough, I graduated to answering phones and spending every Saturday in one of the locations in case someone walked in (I did this for 6 years). In high school I was a Membership Counsellor Assistant at Nubody's Fitness Centre (read telemarketer). When I moved to Toronto my first job was as a salesgirl at Seductions Love Boutique on Yonge St, then I did just about every job possible at the Cumberland Movie Theatre (including running the projectors). Then I worked for 2 years at World's Biggest Bookstore before leaving to go to England where I didn't do any job because I didn't have a work permit and that would have been illegal. Then I got my current job at the ESL school where I still work today.


7) Bloggers I am tagging who I will enjoy getting to know better:

I'm tagging Stasholic, my old Secret Pal recipient over at Destroy my Sweater, my Secret Pal at Ewe Gotta Knit, my dear friend Amy (Amy of the ladybug button sweater), and Nyron, just to make him write a post in his blog, which has been abandoned since March '07!

By the way, Marisa, I do believe it was your Rose Garden that leaked into my Aubergine Dream. I remember you picking up your roving to steam and a waterfall of dye coming out of it! :) It's a wonder I don't sue.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scandalous libel!! Why, if I wasn't such a generous, reasonable person...!!

(also, you're prolly right, but I couldn't admit that on my own blog!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home